Palm Springs Preservation Foundation
 

Piazza di Liberace - 1441 North Kaweah Road

Piazza di LiberaceCourtesy Steven Keylon

Built by contractor John H. ("Jack") Slaten in 1951, this simple, contemporary home was bought by Liberace in 1966 and was his primary residence until 1974. Liberace remodeled the house extensively, and stylistically it is in harmony with the over-the-top Hollywood Regency style for which he is most well-known. Of the three Palm Springs homes owned and lived in by Liberace, Piazza di Liberace is the only one remaining which closely resembles its appearance at the time he owned it.

Click hereOn May 15, 2019, PSPF (acting as agent for the owner) submitted the 55-page Class 1 Historic Site nomination for Piazza di Liberace to the Palm Springs Historic Site Preservation Board.

In March of 2018, the Palm Springs Preservation Foundation board of directors assigned the task of writing the Class 1 Historic Site nomination of the Piazza di Liberace to board member Steven Keylon.

home : mission : history : board : recognition : vintage pspf : archives : lost : then and now : successes & setbacks : tribute journals : membership : donate : get involved : our sponsors
our volunteers
: for homeowners : preservation links : tax credits : other links : contact us : online booklet : calendar

Copyright 2010 Palm Springs Preservation Foundation. All rights reserved, except for photographs used by permission of rights holders.
Created by Thetford Web Development