1. The buzz about Wexler Weekend has already started! For information about Wexler Weekend tribute journal underwriting opportunities (typically for individuals or couples), or sponsorship and partnership opportunities, please contact PSPF board member Richard "Kip" Serafin at (760) 904-0200. Stay up to date on the weekend’s planned events by clicking the Wexler Weekend logo on the PSPF home page. See http://www.pspreservationfoundation.org.
2. The city has yet to respond to our August 23, 2009 letter about the flawed City Hall parking lot reconfiguration. However, there has been significant local press on the issue. See http://www.pspreservationfoundation.org/city_hall_parking.html.
3. Congratulations to PSPF Board Member Emeritus William Krisel, AIA, the recipient of the AIA Los Angeles 2009 Lifetime Achievement Award! The award will be presented at the AIA/LA Design Awards Party on October 21, 2009.
4. If you have an opportunity, stop by the Palm Springs Visitors Center in the Frey-designed Tramway Gas Station (1962) to see the PS Modern Committee’s recently unveiled tourist information kiosk.
5. The Just Fabulous bookstore (515 N. Palm Canyon Drive) is now carrying vintage PSPF tribute journals and our popular Class 1: A Guide to the Designated Class 1 Historic Sites of Palm Springs booklet. As the holidays approach, remember these out-of-print journals make great gifts for the architecture fan(s) in your life.
6. The Class 1 historic site designation of E. Stewart Williams’ Oasis Commercial Building (1952) has been rescheduled to appear before city council on Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at 6PM.
7. A sincere “Thank You!” to our contributors: Patron ● Ralph Haverkate ● Advocate ● Roxann Ploss ● Contributors ● David Coleman ● Mary Jensen ● Lee Wilson
Just one of our great Wexler Weekend venues.