|1. If you have an opportunity, please take note of the recent re-paints of the Ocotillo Lodge at 1111 E. Palm Canyon and the Howard Lapham building at 666 N. Palm Canyon. Preservation kudos to these building owners for their historically accurate and great looking re-paints.
2. The Class 1 historic site designation of E. Stewart Williams’ Oasis Commercial Building (1952) is scheduled to appear before city council at 6PM on Wednesday, July 22, 2009.
3. Architect William “Bill” Krisel’s interview in the May/June 2009 issue of Preservation magazine is definitely worth a read. Bill is a PSPF member and an ardent preservationist. See http://www.preservationnation.org/magazine/2009/may-june/reflections-on-modernism.html.
4. We encourage you to visit PSPF board member Patrick McGrew’s insightful and topical Palm Springs Architecture blog at http://palmspringsarchitecture.blogspot.com/.
5. Please check out our many updates to the PSPF website.
6. A sincere “Thank You!” to our contributors: Advocates ● Paul Kaplan ● Contributors ● Christine Hughes ● Charles Marler ● John Russell ● Robert Yesselman ●
Howard Lapham building