Palm Springs Preservation Foundation
 

Dorothy & Roland P. Bishop Residence - 468 West Tahquitz Canyon Way

Bishop ResidenceCourtesy Tracy Conrad     
The Dorothy and Roland P. Bishop Residence, located in the Historic Tennis Club neighborhood, was completed in 1925. The Bishop Residence was designed in the Spanish Colonial Revival style by notable California architect William J. Dodd of the firm of Dodd & Richards. The house is considered to be a rare "high-style" interpretation of the Spanish Colonial Revival style. Bishop was the head of the largest confectionary and baked goods enterprise on the west coast and was known as the "Candy King." In 1930, his firm merged with the National Biscuit Co., today's NABISCO.

Click hereOn June 6, 2019 the Palm Springs Preservation Foundation (acting as agent for the owner) submitted the 72-page Class 1 Historic Site nomination for the Dorothy & Roland P. Bishop Residence to the Palm Springs Historic Site Preservation Board. In January of 2019, the Palm Springs Preservation Foundation board of directors assigned the task of writing the Class 1 Historic Site nomination of the Dorothy & Roland P. Bishop Residence to Steve Vaught.

home : mission : history : board : recognition : vintage pspf : archives : lost : then and now : successes & setbacks : tribute journals : membership : donate : get involved : our sponsors
our volunteers
: for homeowners : preservation links : tax credits : other links : contact us : online booklet : calendar

Copyright 2010 Palm Springs Preservation Foundation. All rights reserved, except for photographs used by permission of rights holders.
Created by Thetford Web Development